"He must increase, but I must decrease." - John 3:30 ESV

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Our Hearts' Song

We are so grateful for all the love and prayers over the past month. Becca Fei's recovery from surgery is going well...I'm so glad to finally be able to say that!! Her pain is now minimal, and she's starting to eat and get some sleep (at last!). Now that I'm also getting more sleep, I found the time to finish something I've been working on for a while. I put together a video/slideshow/thing-a-ma-jig of pictures from the last year - our adoption journey through 5 months home. I hope you enjoy this glimpse into what adoption has been to our family -- a blessing, a gift, a miracle. We have discovered the truth that DNA is not required for a child to be your own. LOVE is SO much more than gene protection...take that, Darwin!

Sure, it hasn't been all sunshine and roses, but as Teddy Roosevelt said, "Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty... I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well." As a family, we don't have the expectation that life, on this side of eternity, will be easy or simple. We expect trials and tribulations at every turn, but we look for the grace of God in it all and strive for His glory - whatever the day may bring. We know - and we hope you know - that JESUS is the reason for any and every good thing in us. We aren't award-winning parents; we aren't wealthy; we aren't [fill in the blank]; we aren't better than you. We are just following Jesus and hoping to reflect His light and love. In the words of Winston Churchill, "We are all worms, but I do believe I am a glow-worm." We hope you enjoy this glimpse into our hearts' song...


                       
                       Becca Fei's Adoption from Karen Wolfe on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Karen, I love the video! It made me cry! Such a beautiful story and it's so apparent that Christ is using your family for His glory. We miss y'all! -Katie

    ReplyDelete