"He must increase, but I must decrease." - John 3:30 ESV

Thursday, June 21, 2018

LID & Shoe Funnies


Shortly after I posted yesterday about our adoption grant, I got an email from our social worker that said we were officially LID! There are four steps in this process, before we receive our Letter of Acceptance (LOA). Gotta love all the adoption acronyms, right?! 😉 The four steps are Translation, Review, Matching and Seeking Confirmation. Currently, our dossier is in the Translation phase. When we received our Log-In Date during Becca's adoption 5 years ago, we had Sydney and Brody make the letters "LID" in sign language (Read the old post here if you want to reminisce with me.). Now that we have three kids home, they each got to do a letter for Crosby's LID! They're all just getting WAY too big over here (The tween with the ripped jeans is Exhibit A). I just gotta throw in the old pic for fun...


Fun, true story... during Becca's adoption, we sent her a birthday party and a pair of crocs. Someone must have messed up her shoe size, because if you look closely in the current picture, she is wearing those crocs today. When she came to the hotel with us, she brought her birthday crocs which were only about 5 sizes too big. HAHA. At least they weren't too small; she's getting to use them this summer. Speaking of shoe funnies, we had another shoe disaster today actually. Sydney's flip flop came totally apart early in the day, and we still had lots of walking around to do. A paper clip was all I could find in my purse, so we wove it into the fabric and stuck it into the bottom of her flip flop. Voila! I walked around the rest of the day feeling like MacGuyver. [Side note: I've also been known to staple pants before. There's no wardrobe malfunction we haven't been able to handle so far armed with my Mary Poppins-like purse.] But, I think my favorite funny shoe story is when we drove all the way down to Atlanta for one of Becca's craniofacial (extremely hard to get) appointments, only to discover that my oldest (who had lived 9 years on this earth at the time) had forgotten to wear shoes that day. FORGOTTEN TO WEAR SHOES, Y'ALL. We had no choice...we parked in the garage, I gave her my socks, and we went on our merry way...getting strange looks all morning. Thankfully, she is much more responsible now, and it's my 8 year old I have to worry about remembering his shoes, glasses, underwear...basically himself. Oh, but it's so fun. They make me laugh every day, and laughter is such good medicine. Anywho, I just wanted to share our joyous news with all of you wonderful friends and family who are praying with us and following along in this journey! We love yas!!

Soli Deo Gloria,
k.

No comments:

Post a Comment